Persistence, perseverance, or tenacity; I thought I'd offer some quotes today.
You can call this trait whatever you like -- persistence, perseverance, tenacity, determination, doggedness, tenaciousness, strength, or purpose -- but regardless of what you call it, it is a common trait in every successful person.
Here are some of my favorite quotes on the subject of persistence to inspire you to persist in your own path to a life of inspired abundance:
- "Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." (Conrad Hilton)
- "Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success." (Dale Carnegie)
- "Get a good idea and stay with it. Dog it, and work at it until it's done right." (Walt Disney)
- "I am a slow walker, but I never walk backwards." (Abraham Lincoln)
- "Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." (John Albert Michener)
- "Failure is the path of least persistence." (Anonymous)
- "Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." (Newt Gingrich)
- "Nearly every man who develops an idea works at it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then gets discouraged. That's not the place to become discouraged." (Thomas Edison)
- "When I thought I couldn't go on, I forced myself to keep going. My success is based on persistence, not luck." (Norman Lear)
- "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)