Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lynne McTaggart The Gap Between Science And Spirituality

Do you find yourself at times struggling to make sense of the gap between science and spirituality? If so, I'd like to introduce you to Lynne McTaggart.

Lynne McTaggart is the author of the books The Field and The Intention Experiment.

With the conversation about fears the past couple of posts, I find myself led to wanting to understand more of the "science" of thought and whether there's a scientific basis from which to explain the power of thought.

Remember, FEAR is an acronym for "false evidence appearing real".

Having saide that, I wonder what DREAM is an acronym for ... hmm ... feel free to post some suggestions.

But I digress ...

So as you ponder the idea of fear being the opposite side of the same coin as dream, if you are like me it is natural to question the "reality" of the assertion. It's all well and good to say, but it can sound like more "metaphysics mumbo jumbo".

I am on a journey where I want to live a life of inspired abundance, but can it reallly be as simple as just choosing to focus on one set of thoughts over another? How and why can this possibly work?

That brings me back to Lynne McTaggart.

I saw Lynne McTaggart speak in Sydney, Australia in June of 2007. She has done a tremendous amount of detective work and continues to study the inner workings of things in a very systematic fashion.

Lynne's work is focused on bridging the gap between science and spirituality.

I came across this video of Lynne McTaggart in which she explains some of her "scientific" findings.

Lynne provides a great contrast in approach to many of the other teachers who are more spiritual and hence may appear to be less tangible in the way in which they explain things. So let's hear Lynne McTaggart explain some of what she's discovered that can assist us in bridging that apparent gap between science and spirituality.




No comments: