Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Andy Andrews I Will Greet This Day With A Forgiving Spirit

Andy Andrews Mastering the Seven Decisions
I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

In celebration of the upcoming release of his newest book, Mastering The Seven Decisions, we are revisiting Andy Andrews and the seven decisions that determine personal success from his classic book The Traveler's Gift.

Today we are talking about decision number six: I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.
If you do not have a forgiving spirit, you are instead focused on the negative events of the past.

Focusing on past frustrations, events and wrongs creates some very heavy baggage you must carry around. And it impedes your ability to move forward in life.
If you're looking backwards, how can you see where you're going?
This is why forgiveness is so important. By forgiving, you can let yesterday go and devote all of your energy to who you are being today and to where you want to go.
In Andy Andrews' book Traveler's Gift, David Ponder recieves the sixth decision of personal success from Abraham Lincoln. "Forgiveness is a secret that is hidden in plain sight. It is available to everyone and used by few."
Of course, there is one person, above all others, you likely must absolutely make a point of offering forgiveness to ... you. I know that's certainly the case for me. I often catch myself beating myself up for perceived transgressions.
Here's another video from my wealth creation newsletter series in which I reflect specifically on Andy Andrews' sixth decision, I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.




Only one day left in our contest!
Remember Inspired Abundance is giving away 5 brand new copies of Andy Andrews new book, Mastering The Seven Decisions. Simply post a comment about the 7 decisions to this blog and you are automatically entered. And remember decision number six as you move through your day today: I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

No comments: