Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Do You Feel Your Goals?

When you set and review your goals, do you do so with the feeling of already having them?

I've put a lot of focus over the past week on what I desire. And yet, for all of the focus, it's been clear to me that I've been vibrationally out of alignment with what I'd like to see. I could feel it. Instead of feeling up and excited about the goals, I felt sad and disappointed.

Why is that? How is it possible that by focusing on what I want, I'm actually lowering my vibration and repelling it? That doesn't make any sense ...

Then I found myself reading Lynn Grabhorn's book Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings when it finally struck me ... feelings ... it's all about feelings.

Our vibration is determined by how we feel about the thoughts we're having. So if I can feel I'm out of alignment the second I focus on a goal, then that's my cue.

The trick with goals and goal setting is to tap into the feeling of already having them.

Let's say one of my goals is to have $25,000 in my bank account. So each morning I dutifully open my journal and write out my goal. Or perhaps I recite the goal, reading from a goal card. If by doing that I find I feel out of alignment in any way ... sad, unhappy, disbelieving, etc. ... then that means I'm focused on the absence of the money.

I'm focused on the wrong thing.

And by law of attraction, guess what I'm going to get? More absence of money, more of the money not being there.

So the trick that I've discovered works well for me is to ask how having the money (or whatever your particular goal happens to be) would make me feel. "How do I feel knowing I have $25,000 in my bank account?"

This simple little technique automatically allows me to align with having the money rather than with not having the money.

So if you find yourself feeling frustrated about your goals or find that they're just not manifesting the way you desire even though you've set clear goals, perhaps it's because you've been focused on the absence of the goal rather than the feeling of having it. If so, reframe your thoughts by asking how you feel knowing you have it. It will make a world of difference in your pursuit of a life filled with inspired abundance.

Focus on the feeling and you will always be in vibrational alignment of your goal.

No comments: