Monday, January 21, 2008

Why Is Gratitude An Important Part of Using Law Of Attraction?

Have you read or heard those different self-help gurus who say that gratitude is an important part of deliberately using law of attraction in your life?

Do you ever wonder if the advice works and if so, why it works? Me too -- especially the why part.

So I've spent a fair amount of time reading and experimenting around the topic in order to understand it better.

I think I first heard about the power of gratitude from Abraham in one their audios. The way they explained it, and I've come to understand this as truth, gratitude is a powerful way to bridge the vibrational gap between where I am and what I want.

As they explain, and as I've focused on in prior posts, most of us find it difficult to shift our thoughts to a, say "level 10" in vibration, if we're mired in current thinking that is maybe, say a "level 3". The gap is too wide.

But finding something we're grateful for is much easier. So by placing our focus on things we have right now for which we're thankful, we are able to begin bridge the gap and begin to realign our thoughts to a level of vibration that move us closer to where we want to be.

Using this technique, I can shift myself to, say a "level 6" or a "7" relatively quickly.

Both Abraham and Bob Proctor teach that in order for something to manifest, we must be a vibrational match to it. That's where gratitude becomes such an important part of effectively and deliberately using Law of Attraction. It assists us in aligning our vibration.

And there's more. There is a growing body of scientific and academic research that backs up the important role gratitude can play in living a happier, healthier life.

Dr. Tal Ben-Shahar is the head of the Positive Psychology program at Harvard University. In his book, Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment Dr Ben-Shahar says that research studies now suggest the habit of keeping a daily “gratitude journal” can lead to a higher level of emotional and physical well being.

So the evidence is pretty clear that it works. And I see the evidence in my own life. I can "measure" it by the way I feel. Focusing on the things I'm grateful for makes me feel better -- my problems start to feel smaller, I gain a sense of relief, and because of the relief I'm able to shift my focus onto more things I'm grateful for.

I'm able to "feel" the power of gratitude at work within me and I "feel" my vibration rising. And as that happens, I know I'm now once again using law of attraction in a deliberate way that best serves me.

So that's my explanation of why gratitude is such an important part of using law of attraction. Thanks for reading.

To learn more about gratitude and law of attraction, visit my website at http://www.InspiredAbundance.com/.

No comments: