For me, this book is an absolute pre-requisite for any serious student of self growth and personal development.
One of the lessons I find myself continuously being reminded of is to not let my ego get in the way of my being successful.
Like most of the people on this planet, I've been subjected to a lifetime worth of conditioning which leaves me predisposed to ego based thinking.
And yet it is the very same ego based thinking that leads to thoughts which don't serve me and which fuels the negative vibrations that they carry.
And of course, based on the Law of Attraction, it is positive vibration that I wish to be focused on generating at all times.
In his book "The Power of Intention", Dr. Wayne Dyer talks about this.
He talks about the need to let go of your ego in order to stay in alignment with the power of intention and more easily manifest into your experience that which you desire.
According to Dr. Dyer, ego is simply an idea you have about who you are that you carry around with you. This idea of who you think you are is an obstacle to your ability to connect with intention because it reinforces the notion that you are separate from everyone and everything in the world around you.
Of course, we already know this is not true.
We are all part of an interconnected system, consciousness, and life force; quantum physics proves this. Ego based thinking becomes an impediment to connecting with intention and letting it flow freely to you.
You become a “dis-allower” rather than an “allower”.
In his book, Dr. Dyer identifies 7 steps for overcoming the hold ego has on you:
- Stop being offended. Being offended only leads to attack and counter attack. It in no way serves you.
- Let go of your need to win. There are no losers in a world that shares the same energy source. Ironically the less you pursue winning, the more you will win.
- Let go of your need to be right. Would you rather be right or happy?
- Let go of your need to be superior. This leads only to resentment and hostility.
- Let go of your need to have more. You live in a world of abundance and should focus on creating, attracting and then letting it go. It's in giving that you receive.
- Let go of identifying yourself on the basis of your achievements. Hold no attachment to the outcome since this is a negative attractor.
- Let go of your reputation. You have no control over how others think about you - it doesn't matter. All that matters is that you be true to your own intuition and integrity.
If you already have read it, read it again.
You will find new meanings and perspectives that you can apply directly to your own personal development and success.
If you don't have the book and you'd like to buy it, simply follow the link: The Power of Intention
Visit my website at http://www.inspiredabundance.com or feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about my posts or what I do, feel free to call me at +1-204-878-4564. I'm in the central time zone (GMT-6), so be nice about when you call!