Thursday, May 17, 2007

Your Success Is About Getting Out Of Your Own Way -- Even In Your Home Business

Are you making a habit of getting out of your own way to ensure your success? Today, I'm going to share some stark truths about home based businesses as a way of illustrating a key habit of success.

And this will be very relevant to many readers because so many of us are already looking to leverage a home business as part of the solution to take back control of our lives.

So I'm going to assert right up front that the secret to being successful – not only at a home based business, but at anything in life – is to get out of your own way.

With that having been said, here are some dirty secrets – the realities of home based business that the marketing masters will rarely if ever share with you. Most marketers won’t publicly talk about these truths. But they are vital to your understanding of how to be successful.

If anyone can truly be successful in a home business, then it stands to reason that most people must be successful, doesn’t it? Or, at the very least, a reasonable percentage of people must be successful – right?

Well … no, that’s not exactly the case.

Here's a harsh reality about home based businesses:

95% of people who start a home business fail – they don’t ever end up breaking even on the money they spend to launch and operate their business.

So how do you feel about starting a home business now?

Well, before you get too discouraged, let’s dig a little deeper. The truth is that statistic is pretty much the same as for any business. 95% of all businesses fail.

So what’s really going on? Why are most people failing at their home business? Why are most people failing at business?

I've learned that anyone – even you – can truly be successful with your own home based business.

Or rather, that is anyone can be successful if you learn to get out of your own way.

Here are a few additional realities for you to ponder.


  1. The average person quits his or her business after being told “No” … get this … three times. Three times!
  2. 80% of home business operators never end up calling their sales leads
  3. 95% of businesses fail because they are under capitalized – that is they don’t line up and have enough money to fund their ongoing costs
  4. Of the remaining businesses that fail, 95% fail because of a lack of proper systems and controls

Do you see how these points are all examples of people getting in their own way?

I want to be successful, but I can’t deal with rejection.

I want to be successful, but I can’t bring myself to call my leads.

I want to be successful, but I haven’t bothered to establish a budget and find proper financing.

I want to be successful, but I don’t know how to manage my time and business.

Each of these is a function of improper mindset, improper planning, or improper practices.

So, if you wish to be successful in your home business or in anything in your life – and remember anyone can – then you first must learn to get out of your own way.

Visit my website at http://www.InspiredAbundance.com

Or feel free to email me with feedback or questions at info@inspiredabundance.com

No comments: