As I mentioned previously, I believe one of the fundamental keys to success is mindset.
We live in a culture which has socialized a poverty consciousness. This is ingrained from the earliest of days through family, government, school, church, etc.
And it is the single biggest obstacle to your success.
So, what is the difference between a Poverty Consciousness and a Prosperity Consciousness?
Perhaps the most effective way to demonstrate the difference is through contrast.
So here it is. Observe the thoughts and feelings that come up for you as you read each of these points. What do they tell you about yourself?
I call these the top The Top 20 Principles of the Wealthy
- Broke people think that everything is too good to be true, whereas Wealthy people think getting a job sounds too bad to be true.
- Broke people give up when things don't go their way; a few disappointments and they are on to something else, saying things like "it wasn't for me". Wealthy people work harder and become more determined when things go bad, and they understand you have to take the bad with the good in order to make it.
- Broke people always have an excuse. Wealthy people say "my fault" and refuse to make excuses.
- Broke people think not getting what they want is okay. Wealthy people are disgusted at the notion of not getting what they want and will do whatever it takes.
- Broke people always have to talk it over with their broke friends to make sure no one will make fun of them if they make a decision. Wealthy people think for themselves and couldn't care less what their broke friends think.
- Broke people are never coach-able, nor teachable. Wealthy people are always learning; even when the money starts coming in, they never stop learning from those who were there first.
- Broke people are scared of others. Wealthy people entrust in others and know other people are crucial to their success.
- Broke people are always procrastinating. They would rather talk about it, read about it, think about it, but never seem to do anything about it. Wealthy people hate doing anything but getting it done.
- Broke people are glad when the day is over. Wealthy people love it when the day begins.
- Broke people think wealthy people are "lucky". Wealthy people put themselves in a position to be "lucky" and then work hard to make the "luck" show up.
That's it for today. I'll continue with part 2 tomorrow ...
Thanks for reading.
If you have questions about my posts or what I do, feel free to call me at 1-204-878-4564. I'm in the central time zone, so be nice about when you call!